It was a really productive day yesterday – especially for a Monday! Everything went fine with my CD 3 baseline ultrasound and labs. My RE decided to bump up my Femara to 3 tablets (7.5mg) instead of 2 tablets (5mg). I began that last night. I’m not sure if that will make much of a difference or not. With Clomid, I used to get more follicles on higher doses. Femara doesn’t seem to want to give me very many follicles, but they are supposed to be better quality. I’ll also be starting my Menopur injections tomorrow night, and I’m on a bunch of other meds and supplements. You can find my supplement list HERE, if you are interested. 🙂 I tweaked a couple of them this cycle. Feel free to ask if you have any questions.
Oh yeah, my RE…AKA “Dr. Meany” wasn’t as cold as usual. She sounded almost hopeful that I had gotten pregnant the cycle before last. She said to keep trying – we just need it to stick. That came as a surprise to me, but I’m happy she’s more on board with me now. It’s kind of hard to work with someone when they don’t believe in you. And I wouldn’t be working with her at all, if she wasn’t the only doctor around who will work with my immune specialist. But maybe this will work out nicely afterall!
I wish they made one of these for fertility!
I decided to take a couple days off work next week, because we won’t be very busy. I wanted to treat myself and take a break. 🙂 I’m taking next Wednesday and Thursday off. Wednesday (the 23rd) at noon is my follow up phone conference and test results with Dr. Kwak-Kim. I do have to work Friday due to a training/orientation class all day. However, Monday we’ll be off for Memorial Day. So I kinda have to bust my butt a little bit this week to get stuff done, but then I’ll have a nice break from work next week! It will be worth it! Yay! I’m thinking about a camping trip, maybe. It doesn’t matter. I just want to relax.
I got my first fertility massage scheduled! Next Monday (the 21st)! I’ll be on CD 10 then, which should be perfect timing. I typically ovulate around CD 10-12, since I’m such a fast stimmer. Then I’ll probably do acupuncture on CD 15 or so, which would be somewhere around 3-5dpo, in hopes of supporting implantation. There’s a link HERE that shows a video and some information about fertility massage. You can actually do it on your own. Here is a snippet from the lady’s website that I’ll be seeing:
Holistic Fertility Massage Program is for you if you would like to…………..
* Increase circulation to the uterus, ovaries, and fallopian tubes.
* Break up adhesions and scar tissue in the fallopian tubes and reproductive system.
* Bring fresh, oxygenated blood to the eggs, helping to nourish and increase egg health.
* Help the body to rid itself of old stagnant blood and tissues remaining from endometriosis and sluggish menstruation.
* Promote hormonal balance by strengthening the feedback loop between the pituitary, hypothalamus, and ovaries ovaries which controls the levels of hormones produced.
* Help to clear congestion which may show up as cramping during menstruation, ovarian pains, cysts, endometriosis, and unexplained infertility.
* Help restore natural balance to your body.
* Feel more connected emotionally and spiritually.
* Include natural and holistic support on your fertility journey.
* Decrease the stress hormones that dominate and allow the wisdom of the body to create a safe place for creating a baby.
I began my fertility yoga last night! It was a little bit tricky. It’s really not hard – it just takes some practice and learning to get in the routine. I couldn’t get all “bendy” and do the perfect poses, but I still feel like I benefited a lot from it. 🙂 Downward Dog is gonna be the death of me. I swear I’m going to master that one eventually. There’s a lot of wonderful breathing exercises that made me feel sooooo relaxed. I felt like jello afterwards – which is a nice feeling! Many of the poses in this video make a lot of sense for fertility. I felt a lot of circulation in my lower abdomen and pelvis area, so that’s perfect! I can’t wait to do it again and get more comfortable with it. I’m going to bust out my yoga balls tonight. 😀
Even if I don’t get pregnant this cycle, I’m going to be totally ZEN.