Phew, all that NIAW stuff is done. It turned out being a little stressful for me and not that satisfying, if you read my last post. Life goes on though. 🙂 Oh, there were a couple things I was going to mention about my appointment with Dr. Kwak-Kim last week that I forgot about. 1) She struggled with infertility herself! and 2) She said (possibly) that my immune system could be attacking my ovaries and/or the hormones for producing eggs and follicles. Immune treatment might help me produce more eggies – and bettter quality ones, at that! She said not to get my hopes up though, because sometimes Diminished Ovarian Reserve happens to young people for no apparent reason and usually there’s nothing that can help it. But wouldn’t that be something!!
Thank you to Adrift on a dandelion breeze for this award. 😀 Please stop over and check out her story. She is quite an amazing woman. xo
- Share who gave you this award to you with a link back to their blog (above).
- Write down 7 random facts about yourself.
- Give this award to 15 other bloggers.
- Let them know they’ve won.
- Pop the award on your blog.
7 random facts about me…
- My new favorite show is Six Feet Under. I recently began watching it through Netflix. Can’t believe I never watched it before. I’m a big Dexter fan, too (watched Dexter before ever watching Six Feet Under), so it’s kind of strange seeing Michael C. Hall in a different role. He’s a great actor…and it helps that he’s cute. 😉 I get addicted to tv shows and end up watching every season, every episode in a short period of time.
- I grew up in Amish country, but no I’m not Amish. My great-grandparents were Mennonites though. Have you ever eaten Amish food? Mmmm. I loved living in the country. I live in a pretty big city now, and it’s cool…but to raise a family, I’d like to move out to the country where it’s peaceful.
- I’ve never had a broken bone. Up until my recent Laparascopic surgery, I had never had anything serious happen or been in the hospital – or even been to the ER (Oh, except for my tattoo that was infected 1 month prior to that surgery).
- My hair was actually way curlier than it is now, when I was younger. Can you imagine? It was nearly an Afro puff back then. I used to straighten it all the time because kids called me poodle! And it used to be naturally blonde – and I mean totally blonde.
- I love animals. I want more, but we already have 3 cats. I keep looking at pets online all the time though. I love craigslist.org and pet-finder.com. It’s fun to look 🙂 I totally treat my kitties like they’re my babies. They are good cats though. Very well-behaved. I can’t stand leaving them when we go out of town, which isn’t very often anyway. I’ve grown more attached to them since we began TTC. (Andy is the same way towards them -it’s cute).
- I loooove coffee — with caffeine, but it’s bad for me 😦 I especially love hazelnut creamer.
- I used to travel around the country and see rock bands. My hippie Dad took me to my first festival when I was about 13. I was, and always will be, a hippie at heart. 🙂 I used to always dress in hippie clothing and act a bit more wild and silly. I mean, it’s still me…I’m just less care-free. I have conformed and become more mainstream. I’m older now – turning 30 this year EEK! I can’t do it with my job and responsibilities.
As for 15 blogs to give this award to….I don’t think I have that many! I’d like to give this to my top commenters 😀 Also, I’d love to hear 7 random facts about all of you 😀
- The Adventures of an Infertile Myrtle
- Fat and Pregnant
- IF Me
- Invisible Mother
- A Miracle in the Works
Here’s a pic of me and my BFF from about 10-11 years ago…I can’t remember what festival it was. I think we were in West Virginia.