My beta yesterday was zero, so that’s good. AF is nearly gone, and I feel like I am almost back to normal again. 🙂
My appointment with the immune specialist, Dr. Kwak-Kim is Monday 4/23/12 at 9:00am in Illinois. It’s a 14-hr round trip from Ohio. My mom was going to come along, so we could use her nice, new car and trade off on driving. She backed out yesterday though. 😦 My car is fine, it’s just older and it worries me to take it so far. It’s our only vehicle, and it’s almost paid off. I would hate for something big to go wrong, us to get stranded, and then have to put a bunch of money into it. It’ll probably be fine though, and Andy will be with me.
So I’m trying to make sure we are totally prepared for long trip. I’m a planner and a worrier LOL. We’re leaving Sunday morning around 9:00am, will probably arrive in Illinois on Sunday evening, check into a hotel, get something to eat, get some sleep, go to my appt the next morning (they said it might take a couple hours), and then head home after that.
- I’m getting a basic tune-up and oil change on Friday. They said they would check everything out for me and make sure it’s safe & road-ready.
- We’ll have some cash on hand but mostly use our cards. Plenty of money for gas, food, hotel, etc.
- I’m bringing a cooler with drinks/water and some snacks.
- I know we have a jack, but I need to check for sure that we still have a spare tire.
- Gotta have good music. 🙂
- And then anything we’ll need for about a day and half.
- Maybe a first aid kit, emergency supplies, or other stuff?? Ideas?
What kind of fun games do you play, or are there other things you do to stay occupied on road trips? 🙂 They can be fun, but 14 hours is a long time to be cooped up with anyone in a car. I hope we don’t get snippy with each other!