First of all, I freaked myself out this morning…a little. Yesterday I woke up from an early nap feeling sooo thirsty. I figured I was dehydrated, so I loaded up on fluids – it was A LOT – probably overkill. I just didn’t want to take any chances with this possible pregnancy. I went to bed last night, and woke up at 3:30am needing to pee SO badly. I literally peed for 5 minutes at a full stream! OMG! It just kept coming! LOL!
Then I woke up for real a couple hours later and POAS. Bad idea. I KNEW I shouldn’t have done that because my pee was sooo diluted. It was nearly clear. My lines are faint. I know I can’t compare to past days, and it’s silly to worry when there was good reason for them to be faint. But still. You know my history. I feel like, even with diluted pee, there should be nice lines popping up @ 14dpo.
Sigh. I know I’ll need to POAS later today for reassurance – if I can stop peeing, that is. I’ve peed like 6 times already this morning. I think it’s safe to say I’m adequately hydrated now LOL! When I see a darker line though, I’ll probably stop POAS for a little while then.
Anyway, I wanted to post about what we did differently or the same this cycle…
- This is the 4th cycle since my Lap.
- We did Estrace 4mg CD 1-4 (Maybe helped with my lining? It was really thick by CD 8)
- We did Femara 5mg + Menopur 150 units combo for the first time (I’ve done Femara by itself, and I’ve done Menopur with Clomid – but not with Femara.) Used Ovidrel trigger, as usual.
- I had 3 follies – all similar sizes (hardly ever get a nice response like that)
- We BD a lot, but we always do that.
- I made sure to have the big O each time we BD. *blush*
- Used pre-seed a couple times, but we’ve tried that before.
- I took EPO (Evening Primrose Oil) for the first time – I only took 500mg daily because I didn’t want to over-do it – Only to be taken from AF to ovulation. I did this because a girl on TWW who had been trying for 2 years, got her BFP the first cycle taking it. Could one little supplement help so much?? IDK! 🙂
- I also took these everyday: Fish Oil 1200mg 2x day, Prenatals & DHA/EPA, Baby Aspirin, L-Arginine 500mg, CoQ10 200mg, Vitamin D3 5,000 units – Some of these you can take higher doses, but again I didn’t want to over-do it. I’ve been taking these for awhile, so they have hopefully helped my body in many ways.
- We only did Dexamethasone 4mg for 4 days starting on ovulation day – This is what we did during IVF # 2 (ended in a chemical). We are trying to find the right balance between suppressing my immune system, without over-suppressing it. Previously we’ve tried taking it everyday, or from CD 3 forward, or during the entire TWW.
- Bumped up my Prometrium to 200mg every night vs. 100mg
- Stayed busy during the TWW with fun things. Laughed a lot. Very little stress.
- My BFF rubbed her baby bump all over me a bunch of times when I was like 6-7dpo LOL 😉
- Lots of people prayed for me – I believe in that.
- The 20-pound weight loss recently – maybe that played a part in my fertility?
That’s all I can think of right now. Who knows if any of it made much of a difference or if it was just a miracle or something. I still don’t know if it will stick, but I feel like we are close to figuring things out and what works…at least I hope so. I want so badly for all of you to get your BFPs and take home babies ❤ ❤