FINALLY our computer has been repaired! We had viruses on our PC and my laptop! Everything is running smoothly and quickly now, and I can’t wait to catch up with all of you!
I started my new job/new clinic at Children’s Hospital this past week. I have been working there for the last 2 years, and I thought I wanted to leave. It was becoming too difficult to work with other people’s children – as well as see the poor kiddos sick and in pain. The last clinic I was working in exposed me to a lot of sad situations. My new clinic is not bad at all! I think it’s the perfect fit for me. I’m glad I didn’t leave because I would miss working with kids. Although, I still get those pangs and feelings of longing. I still have my home health care jobs, but probably won’t be working many hours there anymore. The gas money to drive to clients’ houses is getting ridiculous!
I have some plans in regard to TTC, my DX, and surrogacy:
- We will be “sort of trying”, but not really. We’re going to BD around my fertile days (and other days for fun) – although try not plan it much. NO OPKS, NO temping, NO testing, etc. I don’t expect anything to happen, but I just cannot completely stop. It’s not like we’re going to use BC or protection. There’s probably a very minute chance of a miracle happening, but I doubt it. After what Dr. Sher said, I no longer have hope 😦
- I plan on getting a Lap done in a few months, as Dr. Scheiber (my regular RE) recommended. It’s not necessarily for fertility purposes. I’ve noticed more pain with my AFs and around ovulation time. Pretty bad pain. My AFs have gotten heavier as well. I would like to see if anything’s going on and get some relief.
- We are going to go see Dr. Kwak-Kim in a few months, as well, for a 2nd opinion. I don’t know what we’ll do with that information or what steps we will even WANT to take, after all we’ve been through. I don’t want to get my hopes up, only to spend more money and have more heartache and loss.
- I’m still saving for a surrogate! It’s going to take a long time to reach that goal. I still think it’s probably our best bet. At this point, I don’t know if we can find a friend to do it for us. We’ll be looking elsewhere and hoping that someone will do it for a little less than the thousands of dollars I’m seeing everyone asking for. I know it’s a HUGE thing, and the woman should be compensated and taken care of for doing it….It just would be wonderful if it wasn’t so much.