1. My husband. He is my rock and my best friend. He doesn’t always know the right things to say to comfort me, but he would do anything to make me happy. I love him so much. I can’t wait to make him a daddy.
2. My family. Although none of them have ever been faced with infertility – in fact most of them are super fertile, they can sense when something is wrong and always do their best to try to understand. They have been really supportive, and for that I am truly grateful.
3. My friends. My “real life” friends don’t know exactly what I’m going through, but they are still very supportive. Even if it’s a shoulder to cry on or if they just listen and say nothing at all. My friends in the computer (lol) – God bless them. Even though I hate to see them dealing with infertility, it makes this journey a lot less lonely. We draw hope from each other. We lean on each other. I am thankful to have them.
4. My doctor. He tells the truth about the odds we are up against, but at the same time my doctor makes me feel confident that one day I will be a mommy. I am lucky to have someone who is experienced, as well as caring.
5. Hope. Even though I have been trying for over a year, and I’ve been given a devastating diagnosis – I still have hope. Many people begin to lose hope, become bitter, or let themselves become jaded. I try my best to keep hope alive and have faith. I am so grateful that I can still get excited & optimistic.
I have many things in my life to be thankful for. I just need to keep that in mind.